[Dixielandjazz] Let it be

BillSargentDrums@aol.com BillSargentDrums@aol.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:57:07 EDT

--part1_1a6.854085c.2ab291e3_boundary

IGOR: So be it. If we can now stick to what we all love... jazz.......OKOM .>>

Fat chance. Just in the past few emails, I've read references about certain
laws, which leads to legalities, then to who wrote them and which side of the
political fence the lawyers who wrote them were on.

There was a reference to the war between the states.

Yesterday, there was a prayer.

There have been references to certain brands of drink & booze.

Talk about female breasts, bordellos . . .

travel . . . musician's bad behavior . . . musicians personalities . . .

volumes now on business/professional conduct on the gig . . .

discussions about recording techniques . . . .

and all other sorts of things that weren't jazz music. (Including washboards,
just kidding . . . maybe)

But I place one post, that I didn't write, in a memoriam to our national day
of tragedy, mourning, and resolve, that I happen to think was very well
written and on the money, and a whole bunch of folks go all to pieces.

Man, get a skin. The implications of 9-11-01 had a huge impact on all of us
in this nation, and the world . . . and just as importantly on musicians and
jazz.

If you doubt it, consider how your travel has changed in the past year. I
know musicians who used to travel that no longer wish to. Too much of a
hassle.

A huge chunk of our economy is gone. Less money for gigs.

I could go on, but what I posted yesterday had just as much right to be on
this list as it would on any other list in America yesterday.

Fact is, next year, I'll probably do it again . . . AND place a prayer with
it.

God Bless America!
Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargent.com

Jazz Content: Battle Hymn Of The Republic

--part1_1a6.854085c.2ab291e3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">IGOR: So be it. If we can now stick to what we all love... jazz.......OKOM .&gt;&gt;</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Fat chance. Just in the past few emails, I've read references about certain laws, which leads to legalities, then to who wrote them and which side of the political fence the lawyers who wrote them were on.<BR>
<BR>
There was a reference to the war between the states.<BR>
<BR>
Yesterday, there was a prayer.<BR>
<BR>
There have been references to certain brands of drink &amp; booze.<BR>
<BR>
Talk about female breasts, bordellos . . .<BR>
<BR>
travel . . . musician's bad behavior . . . musicians personalities . . .<BR>
<BR>
volumes now on business/professional conduct on the gig . . .<BR>
<BR>
discussions about recording techniques . . . .<BR>
<BR>
and all other sorts of things that weren't jazz music. (Including washboards, just kidding . . . maybe)<BR>
<BR>
But I place one post, that I didn't write, in a memoriam to our national day of tragedy, mourning, and resolve, that I happen to think was very well written and on the money, and a whole bunch of folks go all to pieces.<BR>
<BR>
Man, get a skin. The implications of 9-11-01 had a huge impact on all of us in this nation, and the world . . . and just as importantly on musicians and jazz.<BR>
<BR>
If you doubt it, consider how your travel has changed in the past year. I know musicians who used to travel that no longer wish to. Too much of a hassle.<BR>
<BR>
A huge chunk of our economy is gone. Less money for gigs.<BR>
<BR>
I could go on, but what I posted yesterday had just as much right to be on this list as it would on any other list in America yesterday.<BR>
<BR>
Fact is, next year, I'll probably do it again . . . AND place a prayer with it.<BR>
<BR>
God Bless America!<BR>
Bill<BR>
414-777-0100<BR>
BillSargent.com<BR>
<BR>
Jazz Content: Battle Hymn Of The Republic</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a6.854085c.2ab291e3_boundary--