[Dixielandjazz] Sept 11 & Jazz

Henry B. Stinson HenryStinson@BlueHeavenMusic.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:23:49 -0400

We (Orpheus Jazz Ensemble) played a gig Sunday Sept 8,
and during the second set, the bassman suggested that we
do something for 9/11.  I said, I don't want to even mention it.
(I felt it would bring people down.)  He suggested that
we could do Amazing Grace, but I decided against even that.

     It was obvious that people there that night really enjoyed
themselves -- we were hot, we had some really good
dancers (including a couple of dance instructors and a
couple of very lovely, sexy young ladies  -- the combination
of good and attractive dancers made for some great additional
entertainment.
       We made people laugh (when I read that "How to Sing
the Blues" thing to some 12 bar blues music), and the night was
for having fun, hearing some good music, and forgetting the
fears that I know people here in DC area were feeling.
We who play jazz are really blessed to be able to do so,
and to make people happy --  for a short while at least.

Henry B. Stinson, BSECE, Senior Software Engineer (VB)
  Web Page Design and Quality Software Development
  www.TheVeryBestHomeBusiness.com
  Jazz vocalist (tenor), jazz harmonica, jazz whistling, and "mouth trumpet"
ORPHEUS JAZZ ENSEMBLE and BLUE HEAVEN JAZZ BAND
  http://www.BlueHeavenMusic.com   +
  http://www.blueheavenmusic.com/Artists/Henry_Stinson/HS__HOME.htm
Tel (msgs): 703-742-4670,   Hm: 703-893-8930 (Ring once, then call again)