[Dixielandjazz] Let it be

Ivor Jones banjones@oninet.pt
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:27:13 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_01AB_01C25AB3.EC89E0E0

Listmates,

As I expressed in my e.mail which exercised so many of you, I joined the =
list because I wanted to meet fellow musicians of the OKOM persuasion =
and discuss, and more importantly learn, and sit, as it were, at the =
feet of the cognoscenti. Unfortunately perhaps, I reacted to what I =
believe were racist and bigoted remarks by two of our listmates. Yes I =
know there is a delete button.. It's funny, this is a jazz list and =
nothing to do with politics, but I was able to predict accurately who =
would react most strongly to my remarks. I even guessed who would be the =
most vitriolic and hate laden. The lady who wished me in hell.=20

That's the end of politics, if you can call it that, as far as I am =
concerned. Needless to say I have had a large response, and all, whether =
agreeing with me or not, to a man, have asked me to reconsider my =
intention to leave the list. To be honest I have had one luminary say =
'stay on, nobody knows you were here anyway' to another's  'You are a =
valuable and treasured contributor'. You pays your money and takes your =
choice. I have made a lot of friends on this list, and it appears that =
now I have made some more. It may be inevitable that I have also made =
some enemies. So be it. If we can now stick to what we all love... =
jazz.......OKOM . By the way, thanks Tito, a lot of my music friends out =
here in Portugal are Brazilians.

I shall retire for a week or so to let the issue die down, which doesn't =
mean I won't eavesdrop to see if anybody sides with the lovely Mr Gunter =
in the 'gig pinching' saga.

Just one more thing. Yesterday evening my football team were 2.0 up and =
heading for the top of the league. After I got the nasty e.mail. 3 goals =
were scored by the other team. Ten minutes later I fell off a ladder =
when a step broke and I badly gashed my leg. Was this a coincidence or =
did the aforementioned lady stick pins in my effigy. I only ask.

Ivor Jones

Let it be (music content)

------=_NextPart_000_01AB_01C25AB3.EC89E0E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light" =
color=3D#000000>
<P>Listmates,</P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light">
<P>As I expressed in my e.mail which exercised so many of you, I joined =
the list=20
because I wanted to meet fellow musicians of the OKOM persuasion and =
discuss,=20
and more importantly learn, and sit, as it were, at the feet of the =
cognoscenti.=20
Unfortunately perhaps, I reacted to what I believe were racist and =
bigoted=20
remarks by two of our listmates. Yes I know there is a delete button.. =
It&#8217;s=20
funny, this&nbsp;is a jazz list and nothing to do with =
politics,&nbsp;but I was=20
able to predict accurately who would react most strongly to my remarks. =
I even=20
guessed who would be the most vitriolic and hate laden. The lady who =
wished me=20
in hell. </P>
<P>That&#8217;s the end of politics, if you can call it that, as far as =
I am=20
concerned. Needless to say I have had a large response, and all, whether =

agreeing with me or not, to a man, have asked me to reconsider my =
intention to=20
leave the list. To be honest I have had one luminary say &#8216;stay on, =
nobody knows=20
you were here anyway&#8217; to another&#8217;s&nbsp; <FONT =
face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light"=20
color=3D#000000>&#8216;</FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light">You are =
a valuable and=20
treasured contributor&#8217;. You pays your money and takes your choice. =
I have made a=20
lot of friends on this list, and it appears that now I have made some =
more. It=20
may be inevitable that I have also made some enemies. So be it. If we =
can now=20
stick to what we all love... jazz.......OKOM&nbsp;. By the way, thanks =
Tito, a=20
lot of my music friends out here in Portugal are =
Brazilians.</FONT></P><FONT=20
face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light" =
color=3D#000000>
<P>I shall retire for a week or so to let the issue die down, which =
doesn&#8217;t mean=20
I won&#8217;t eavesdrop to see if anybody sides with the lovely Mr =
Gunter in the &#8216;gig=20
pinching&#8217; saga.</P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica 45 Light">
<P>Just one more thing. Yesterday evening my football team were 2.0 up =
and=20
heading for the top of the league. After I got the nasty e.mail. 3 goals =
were=20
scored by the other team. Ten minutes later I fell off a ladder when a =
step=20
broke and I badly gashed my leg. Was this a coincidence or did the=20
aforementioned lady stick pins in my effigy. I only ask.</P>
<P>Ivor Jones</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>Let it be (music=20
content)</FONT></P></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01AB_01C25AB3.EC89E0E0--