[Dixielandjazz] What You Want Me To Do

Edmetzsr@aol.com Edmetzsr@aol.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:00:19 EDT

Dear DJML buddies,
       There are several bands doing the referenced tune. I had the pleasure
of working with the Buck Creek Jazz Band several times during the past year.
They played the tune at about half of the concerts where I performed with
them. As a matter of fact, the tune haunted me so much that I recently added
it as a new arrangement to the Bob Cat library. So now, in addition to "Bob
Cats Play Haggart" and "Bob Cats Play Matlock", or "Bob Cats Play Crosby
Hits", we can also do "Bob Cats Play Oliver" and "Bob Cats Play Trad". I sure
hope that some of the festival directors are seeing this, and that Bert Barr
isn't too upset!! We still use Upright bass, guitar and DRUMS!!! But they
can, and do, play in twos.
       Ed Metz