[Dixielandjazz] Hear hear!

Robert Greenwood robertgreenwood_54uk@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:54:28 +0100 (BST)

--0-1671165750-1031734468=:56642

"Tell us about Fazola."

I’ll second that, and "please, please listen to Dumaine's recordings and, among other magnificences, marvel at the playing of clarinetist Willie Joseph. He's in the same class as Johnny Dodds."

I’ll reserve judgement as to whether the excellent Willie Joseph was up there with Dodds but the 1927 Dumaine sides are wonderful. I think they are available on a CD on Frog: "Sizzlin’ the Blues".

Robert Greenwood.

--0-1671165750-1031734468=:56642

<FONT face="Lapidary333 BT">
<P></FONT><FONT face="Lapidary333 BT">"Tell us about Fazola."</P>
<P>I’ll second that, and "please, please listen to Dumaine's recordings and, among other magnificences, marvel at the playing of clarinetist Willie Joseph. He's in the same class as Johnny Dodds."</P>
<P>I’ll reserve judgement as to whether the excellent Willie Joseph was up there with Dodds but the 1927 Dumaine sides are wonderful. I think they are available on a CD on Frog: "Sizzlin’ the Blues". </P>
--0-1671165750-1031734468=:56642--