[Dixielandjazz] Sweet & Hot 2002

SIngram520@aol.com SIngram520@aol.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:54:06 EDT

Wow - I'm the first to post this year....

Had a great time but the hotel had some techincal problems...escalators
weren't working and the elevators couldn't handle more than 3 floors at a
time!!

Some criticisms from folks who stopped by our room - too many "all stars",
not enough "trad", very poor scheduling (I agree),  a couple of venues
weren't that great,  the food was terrible and expensive, parking "sucked",
but over all I think most had fun. It did seem like the attendance was down.
Our F2F failed but thanks to the couple from Conn. who did come and join us.
Traffic to the hotel was terrible that day so people who live here had a hard
time getting there.

Korkee the jazzin' dawg had a great time and slept all the way home yesterday
on my lap. He met lots of new friends and saw many of his old buddies. We had
more dogs this year which was great for us dog lovers!  Even had two birds!

Didn't get to visit with every one I wanted to but that's just the way it is.
Nice seeing all of you that I did get to spend time with.

Until next year or next festival...

regards to all
Sheree
"owner" of Korkee the jazzin' dawg