[Dixielandjazz] More on Lu Watters?

Bob Romans cellblk7@attbi.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:36:58 -0600

If any of you want to hear more about Lu Watters, get in touch with Dottie
Lawless!! She has ALL of Lu's music charts/books, and she and her late
husband, Doctor Ed Lawless, were with Lu right up until his death. I'm
absolutely certain she knows lots of stories about Lu.
Here is her email address, plus she is on the DJML.
1lawless@gte.net
Her husband took photos by the thousands of all of the great musicians. She
has filing cabinets full of great pictures, many if not most of them
unpublished. I've seen a picture Doc took of Satchmo relaxing on their
living room couch...
Dottie is a wonderful lady, and I think she could be considered the "QUEEN
of West Coast Trad Jazz".
To use Will's sign-off..
Kindly,
Bob Romans