[Dixielandjazz] JELLY ROLL MORTON - VAUDEVILLE

Mike Meddings mike@monrovia.screaming.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:53:52 -0000

Hello all,

The Jelly Roll Morton web site has been updated with the following items,
courtesy of Alan Wallace and Milton Berlin.

>From the Indianapolis Freeman dated 20th September 1913.  Jelly Roll
meeting with great success at the Hughes vaudeville theater, 2600 Poplar
street, Cairo, Ill.

>From the Indianapolis Freeman dated 6th June 1914.  Morton & Morton - As
Jelly Rolls - Working White Time.  Unknown location.

>From the Indianapolis Freeman dated 11th December 1915.   Jelly Roll Ferd
Horton [sic] will be ready to go to work now after three weeks of baths. He
says, “lookout, Chicago, I'll be back soon.” Some ragtime player. Tim Moore
write, care of The Freeman.  Unknown location.

These articles are in the ON THE ROAD 1905 - 1917 section.  Just look out
for the NEW red revolving icons.

The Jelly Roll Morton genealogy web page has been updated.
See : http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/genealogy.html

Musically yours

Mike