[Dixielandjazz] Help wanted please

Don Robertson jdrobertson@att.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:47:20 -0800

Jerry,

I have a copy of a CD by  Tom Sharpsteen's Orlandos, and I think it's probably
the only CD they did.  Tom is active here in the bay area, and the Orlandos are
still an active band.  Tom plays New Orleans clarinet, and recorded a few sides
with the Fire House Five + 2 in the 60's.  I think he may still have some copies
of the album and probably has only sold them from the bandstand so to speak.  The
biggest problem with his address is that he lives in ORLAND California not
Orlando (that's the name of the band).  I don't have a phone number, but could
probably get it in a day or two as our Napa Valley Dixieland Jazz Society music
director will be back in town, and he hires the Orlandos to play our club each
May for Mother's day.  Orland is a small town in the Northern Sacramento Valley
near Chico, CA

Don Robertson
Napa, CA