[Dixielandjazz] The National Anthem

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:50:16 EDT

--part1_182.10c39466.2aea3598_boundary

In a message dated 10/24/02 8:09:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:

> What we are talking about, Jerry, is appropriateness-inappropriateness.  We
> are talking about taste and the lack of it.  We are talking about purpose:
> elevating your nation, or hyping your own ego.  This has absolutely nothing
> whatsoever to do with whether an anthem is good or bad, singable or not,
> ill
> or well chosen--any of those things.  We are talking, in short, about
> common
> sense, which, apparently, is less common each year and never more clearly
> in
> short supply than in opening ceremonies.
>
> cordially,
> Charlie

   Frame this, Charlie.  An instanat classic.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_182.10c39466.2aea3598_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/24/02 8:09:21 PM Central Daylight Time, charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">What we are talking about, Jerry, is appropriateness-inappropriateness.&nbsp; We<BR>
are talking about taste and the lack of it.&nbsp; We are talking about purpose:<BR>
elevating your nation, or hyping your own ego.&nbsp; This has absolutely nothing<BR>
whatsoever to do with whether an anthem is good or bad, singable or not, ill<BR>
or well chosen--any of those things.&nbsp; We are talking, in short, about common<BR>
sense, which, apparently, is less common each year and never more clearly in<BR>
short supply than in opening ceremonies.<BR>
<BR>
cordially,<BR>
Charlie</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Frame this, Charlie.&nbsp; An instanat classic.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_182.10c39466.2aea3598_boundary--