[Dixielandjazz] How not to perform our National Anthem

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:37:01 -0500

Wow... What marvelous responses came in, both on and off-list. In answer to
my question about which songs are "touchable vs. untouchable," the word
"sacred" was used by more than one person, and the fact that these letters
were so personal and heartfelt as to be sent off-list illustrates this
sacredness very well. There are many wise people on this list, and I'm
grateful they took a moment to share their wisdom with me. No, I am not too
young to "get it." Thank you so much. Love and truly grateful hugs, Nancy.