[Dixielandjazz] FW: Chris Daniels

briantowers briantowers@msn.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:35:07 -0400

Chris had a "quadruple" by-pass.  I was just speaking to Climax trombonist
Len Gosling and he saw Chris last night.   He is recovering well and walking
around.   Len himself had by-pass surgery  a couple of years ago and has
made a full recovery.  Len's was a just a 'triple" however,  so there seems
to be some "on-upsmanship" involved here!
At the  Chick N Deli Saturday matinee, banjoist Jack Vincken played string
bass, with Jack King filling in on banjo.   Jack Vincken is himself a fine
bass player and he also plays a bit of tuba.
Chris will have to be off for a few weeks until he regains his full
strength.   We all wish him well.
Regards,
Brian Towers,
Hot Five Jazzmakers, Toronto.