[Dixielandjazz] There Ain't No Sweet Man...

Tony Davis tony@tony-davis.co.uk
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:41:26 +0100

This song is also in the book of Judy Eames' Jazz Revellers - it's on Judy's
CD
"Fallen Angel" recorded in 1999.  I'd be interested to know what chords
other bands use in the bridge - I have (from the sheet music):

F7  /  Bb7  /  |  F  /  E7  /  |  F7  /  E7 Ebmaj7 |  D7  /  Am  D7(b9)  |
Bb  /  Eb7  /  |  Gm7b5  /  C7  /  |  F  /  C  /  |  F  /  /  /  C7 |

but although this sequence is logical and fits the melody it doesn't flow
smoothly and chord players (not only banjoists!) find it tricky.  I'm sure
it could be simplified.

Tony.

--
Tony Davis