[Dixielandjazz] Re: [Dixielandjazz] Youth Concerts, Allan Vach é

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:38:36 EDT

--part1_a8.13b34253.2ae2119c_boundary

In a message dated 10/18/02 5:56:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
nancyink@ulink.net writes:

> Anyway, it made me very uncomfortable to see Allan have to defend himself to
> you; he really shouldn't have to. Jim, you know that I absolutely respect
> your intelligence and healthy skepticism, but I think perhaps you
> misunderstood his intentions because the Internet can be so impersonal.
> Right? How many times have you or I been misunderstood in this medium!?!
> (And later have to apologize, whether we were guilty or not!)

   Come on, Nancy, I was just havin' some fun puching Allan out.  The way
that he came on in his original post it seemed that he had no real interest
in enhancing education with OKOM but was using this to get money for gigs.
Now he has revealed that in fact he has done a lot of educational work and so
I may have to back pedal on this.  I may even have to apologize.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_a8.13b34253.2ae2119c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/18/02 5:56:53 PM Central Daylight Time, nancyink@ulink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Anyway, it made me very uncomfortable to see Allan have to defend himself to<BR>
you; he really shouldn't have to. Jim, you know that I absolutely respect<BR>
your intelligence and healthy skepticism, but I think perhaps you<BR>
misunderstood his intentions because the Internet can be so impersonal.<BR>
Right? How many times have you or I been misunderstood in this medium!?!<BR>
(And later have to apologize, whether we were guilty or not!)</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Come on, Nancy, I was just havin' some fun puching Allan out.&nbsp; The way that he came on in his original post it seemed that he had no real interest in enhancing education with OKOM but was using this to get money for gigs.&nbsp; Now he has revealed that in fact he has done a lot of educational work and so I may have to back pedal on this.&nbsp; I may even have to apologize.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a8.13b34253.2ae2119c_boundary--