[Dixielandjazz] Re: BASIN STREET STOMP!

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:20:43 +1000

Dear Perry,
Regarding:
Bill,
>YUP !  Read it too quickly, the composers were the Basin Street Six etal AND
the Publisher was E B Marks--BMI
There are 12 cuts on my 12" LP, I wonder what cuts they left off your 10' LP?
Best,
Perry
That's A Plenty---Tin Roof Blues--Muskrat Ramble--Farewell Blues--Sleepy Time
Down South--Basin Street Stomp--Panama--Sunday--Hindustan--Anything But
Love--Melancholy Rhapsody--My Inspiration<

The tracks on my LP (MG 25111) are: "Farewell Blues/When It's Sleepy Time Down
South/Basin Street Stomp/Margie/Tin Roof Blues/Lazy River/That's A
Plenty/Muskrat Ramble".
A second 10" LP (MG 25160) issued "Panama/If I Could Be With You/Bye And Bye/I
Can't Give You Anything But Love/Lil' Liza Jane/Sunday/Hindustan/Melancholy
Rhapsody".
Your 12" LP (MG 20151) combined tracks from both the above but left out "If I
could Be With You/Bye and Bye" but added "My Inspiration" which I have never
heard. I assume that Mr Fountain was influenced on this by the great version of
the Bob Haggart classic immortalised by his (Fountain's) then musical mentor
Irving Fazola.
The two 10" LPs plus 8 tracks by Brad Gowans' New York Nine have been
transferred (with some minor blemishes) to a private CD by a mate of mine, Jack
Mitchell.
  fjmitch@lisp.com.au
Kind regards,
Bill.