[Dixielandjazz] Em in After You've Gone.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:23:45 -0400

 John Farrell wrote:

"I cannot think of a spot in After You've Gone (in Bb) where Em would be
appropriate. Exactly where does this chord appear?"

It appears in the 16th measure wherein 4 chords are listed: Gm, to Gm/F
to Em7 to A7b9. In the Real Jazz Fake Book, Hal Leonard Publishing
Corporation, copyright 1992.

I hear you about Fake Books. Whenever I learn a new tune, I do it with
our guitarist calling out the chords to me. So even if he's got the
wrong chord, at least we're both playing the same thing. But then, two
wrongs don't make a right. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone