[Dixielandjazz] Encore

BudTuba@aol.com BudTuba@aol.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:33:06 EDT

--part1_7c.2f9415b4.2ad9a8c2_boundary

In a message dated 10/10/02 6:04:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dwlit@cpcug.org
writes:

> The simplest is to "print" to a pdf generator. One which is very
> >good, but costs for a full version is FinePrint pdfFactory. This
> >creates a new printer which you can select from your normal print
> >menu. When you print to it, it pops up a window from which you can
> >save a pdf file.

The absolute cheapest means to print to .pdf is to get the printer driver
free.  Here the instructions I gave to John Farrell:
------------------------
In a message dated 10/10/02 9:35:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stridepiano@tesco.net writes:

> His suggestion was that I send him .pdf files instead.

You can use the Portable Document Format Print Driver to creat the .pdf file.
So you install this as an alternate printer on your computer.  When you get
ready to print your file, choose the PDF printer in print setup and then
print the document.  A window will open and allow you to add some information
for categorizing the document (title, author, date created, etc.).

<A HREF="http://www.expresscopy.com/support/drivers.phtml">PDF Printer Driver Download Available Here</A>

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958

--part1_7c.2f9415b4.2ad9a8c2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 10/10/02 6:04:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dwlit@cpcug.org writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The simplest is to "print" to a pdf generator. One which is very<BR>
&gt;good, but costs for a full version is FinePrint pdfFactory. This<BR>
&gt;creates a new printer which you can select from your normal print<BR>
&gt;menu. When you print to it, it pops up a window from which you can<BR>
&gt;save a pdf file.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
The absolute cheapest means to print to .pdf is to get the printer driver free.&nbsp; Here the instructions I gave to John Farrell:<BR>
------------------------<BR>
In a message dated 10/10/02 9:35:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">His suggestion was that I send him .pdf files instead.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
You can use the Portable Document Format Print Driver to creat the .pdf file. So you install this as an alternate printer on your computer.&nbsp; When you get ready to print your file, choose the PDF printer in print setup and then print the document.&nbsp; A window will open and allow you to add some information for categorizing the document (title, author, date created, etc.). <BR>
<BR>
<A HREF="http://www.expresscopy.com/support/drivers.phtml">PDF Printer Driver Download Available Here</A><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Bud Taylor<BR>
<B>Smugtown Stompers</B><BR>
Rochester, NY<BR>
Traditional Jazz since 1958</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_7c.2f9415b4.2ad9a8c2_boundary--