[Dixielandjazz] Encore

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:05:31 -0400

I've been using Adobe Acrobat, but it costs ca. $250. So I'm glad to hear
about the alternate.

ENCORE has a built in facility: click on the FILE menu. Toward the bottom
is "Export to EPS". ("Encapsulated Post Script"). The resulting EPS file is
a graphics file that can be opened into, inserted, whatever they call it,
into a word processor graphics box. Easily went into WordPerfect, so I
could eMail the .wpd file, which looks basically like the .enc file .pdf is
better, though. My graphics programs would not convert the EPS file into
.gif, etc., files for use on web pages...

--Sheik