[Dixielandjazz] Re: This is nutz

BudTuba@aol.com BudTuba@aol.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:28:57 EDT

--part1_30.2e457658.2ad6e8a9_boundary

In a message dated 9/17/02 12:19:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au writes:

> Re: >What???  A Jazz musician have an affair with an 18 year old girl?
> Never
> happen...<
> Sigh!!!
> If only I were 6 months younger.

A trumpet player I know used to have a very young groupie.  She came to every
gig and then started riding to the gigs with the trumpet player.  He
explained that she had been one of his students in high school and was now
starting in college.  One song we did was arranged for him to hold a long
steady note while the band riffed through the chord changes behind him.  The
leader called out the tune and the trumpet drew him to one side and asked for
it to be changed, "hey man, let's do something else."  "Why?" asked Gene.
"Ever since Lulu moved in, I just can't hold those long notes."

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958

--part1_30.2e457658.2ad6e8a9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 9/17/02 12:19:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Re: &gt;What???&nbsp; A Jazz musician have an affair with an 18 year old girl?&nbsp; Never<BR>
happen...&lt;<BR>
Sigh!!!<BR>
If only I were 6 months younger.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
A trumpet player I know used to have a very young groupie.&nbsp; She came to every gig and then started riding to the gigs with the trumpet player.&nbsp; He explained that she had been one of his students in high school and was now starting in college.&nbsp; One song we did was arranged for him to hold a long steady note while the band riffed through the chord changes behind him.&nbsp; The leader called out the tune and the trumpet drew him to one side and asked for it to be changed, "hey man, let's do something else."&nbsp; "Why?" asked Gene.&nbsp; "Ever since Lulu moved in, I just can't hold those long notes."<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Bud Taylor<BR>
<B>Smugtown Stompers</B><BR>
Rochester, NY<BR>
Traditional Jazz since 1958</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_30.2e457658.2ad6e8a9_boundary--