[Dixielandjazz] Re: The "PRESENTATION" of Jazz

BudTuba@aol.com BudTuba@aol.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:06:16 EDT

--part1_60.278de091.2ad6e358_boundary

In a message dated 9/23/02 1:07:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu writes:

> Brass players 'rest'?  Yeah, unless you play tuba like me and play every
> single note in every bar in every goddam song the entire night long.....
> "the tools of ignorance".  That's analogous to what the tuba or bass
> players have to put up with; they didn't tell me what it would be like in
> the 5th grade when they told me i was going to play 'bass'.

Yah!  Yah! and how about all those tuba solos that happened because the front
was screwed up on who was supposed to take their solo next and stood around
looking at each other like who let go with the secret fart?  While you could
be grateful that you actualty got a solo, you perpetually get the reputation
of always starting 3 measures late.  The guy who saves the day ends up
looking like the fall guy.

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958

--part1_60.278de091.2ad6e358_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 9/23/02 1:07:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Brass players 'rest'?&nbsp; Yeah, unless you play tuba like me and play every single note in every bar in every goddam song the entire night long..... "the tools of ignorance".&nbsp; That's analogous to what the tuba or bass players have to put up with; they didn't tell me what it would be like in the 5th grade when they told me i was going to play 'bass'.<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Yah!&nbsp; Yah! and how about all those tuba solos that happened because the front was screwed up on who was supposed to take their solo next and stood around looking at each other like who let go with the secret fart?&nbsp; While you could be grateful that you actualty got a solo, you perpetually get the reputation of always starting 3 measures late.&nbsp; The guy who saves the day ends up looking like the fall guy.<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Bud Taylor<BR>
<B>Smugtown Stompers</B><BR>
Rochester, NY<BR>
Traditional Jazz since 1958</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_60.278de091.2ad6e358_boundary--