[Dixielandjazz] Playing too long

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 00:58:01 EDT

--part1_150.154b3e69.2ad11cd9_boundary

In a message dated 10/5/02 11:31:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
jazzboard@hotmail.com writes:

> A good entertainer - one with a sense of humor - even though he/she may be
> well past his or her musical zenith and whose chops are pretty well decayed
>
> can still be entertaining. A GOOD entertainer can make farting noises with
> his trombone all night and still entertain the crowd.

   True enough, George brunis did it for years.

   When all is said and done I would rather hear a musician who is on the way
out but had something to say rather than one who is at top form ,
technically, but has nothing to say...doesn't swing.

   JIm Beebe

--part1_150.154b3e69.2ad11cd9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/5/02 11:31:23 PM Central Daylight Time, jazzboard@hotmail.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
A good entertainer - one with a sense of humor - even though he/she may be <BR>
well past his or her musical zenith and whose chops are pretty well decayed <BR>
can still be entertaining. A GOOD entertainer can make farting noises with <BR>
his trombone all night and still entertain the crowd.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; True enough, George brunis did it for years.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; When all is said and done I would rather hear a musician who is on the way out but had something to say rather than one who is at top form , technically, but has nothing to say...doesn't swing.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; JIm Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_150.154b3e69.2ad11cd9_boundary--