[Dixielandjazz] Slavery Off-Topic

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:16:39 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----
From: <JimDBB@aol.com>
To: <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Slavery Off-Topic

> In a message dated 10/1/02 11:18:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
> ringwald@calweb.com writes:
>

> > Once again reason rears its ugly head.
> >
> > While the discussion regarding the Civil War & slavery has generated
some
> > very interesting posts, it has gotten so far off-topic that it is no
longer
> > acceptable on the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list.
> >
> > While I have not gotten all the way through my mail, I'm sure I'll see
more
> > posts regarding the slavery issue, please, if you wish to discuss the
topic
> > any further, send it only to the people who are interested in the
subject
> > i.e. people who have posted messages on the subject.
> >
> > If anyone else wants to get in on the discussion, post to one of the
> > participants privately.
> >
> > Please, no more slavery/Civil War discussion on-list.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Bob
>

>    No, no, Bob.  this is a good lively discussion.  so what if it is
> off-topic it                          certainly is more interesting that
"are
> the lyrics to Dr. Jazz drug related."
>
>    Jim Beebe

Jim, While the subject may be interesting to you, remember that we have
aproximately 300 members who joined DJML to discuss Dixieland Music and
related subjects.  If every member discussed their own off-topic subject
just because they thought it was more interesting than discussing Jazz, then
we would not have a Dixieland Jazz Mailing List.

As I said above, please take the discussion off topic to private email, or
to another forum.

Thanks.

--Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com