[Dixielandjazz] Slavery Off-Topic

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:45:54 EDT

--part1_26.2e973073.2acb5572_boundary

In a message dated 10/1/02 11:18:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
ringwald@calweb.com writes:

> Once again reason rears its ugly head.
>
> While the discussion regarding the Civil War & slavery has generated some
> very interesting posts, it has gotten so far off-topic that it is no longer
> acceptable on the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list.
>
> While I have not gotten all the way through my mail, I'm sure I'll see more
> posts regarding the slavery issue, please, if you wish to discuss the topic
> any further, send it only to the people who are interested in the subject
> i.e. people who have posted messages on the subject.
>
> If anyone else wants to get in on the discussion, post to one of the
> participants privately.
>
> Please, no more slavery/Civil War discussion on-list.
>
> TIA,
>
> Bob

   No, no, Bob.  this is a good lively discussion.  so what if it is
off-topic it                          certainly is more interesting that "are
the lyrics to Dr. Jazz drug related."

   Jim Beebe

--part1_26.2e973073.2acb5572_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/1/02 11:18:22 AM Central Daylight Time, ringwald@calweb.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Once again reason rears its ugly head.<BR>
<BR>
While the discussion regarding the Civil War &amp; slavery has generated some<BR>
very interesting posts, it has gotten so far off-topic that it is no longer<BR>
acceptable on the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list.<BR>
<BR>
While I have not gotten all the way through my mail, I'm sure I'll see more<BR>
posts regarding the slavery issue, please, if you wish to discuss the topic<BR>
any further, send it only to the people who are interested in the subject<BR>
i.e. people who have posted messages on the subject.<BR>
<BR>
If anyone else wants to get in on the discussion, post to one of the<BR>
participants privately.<BR>
<BR>
Please, no more slavery/Civil War discussion on-list.<BR>
<BR>
TIA,<BR>
<BR>
Bob</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; No, no, Bob.&nbsp; this is a good lively discussion.&nbsp; so what if it is off-topic it&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; certainly is more interesting that "are the lyrics to Dr. Jazz drug related."<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_26.2e973073.2acb5572_boundary--