[Dixielandjazz] Triangulation

John Farrell stridepiano@tesco.net
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:42:26 +0100

I have a lady friend (Myrtle, believe it or not) who helps out in the
percussion department of the local symphony. Yesterday she showed me a metal
ring with a handle which looked like one of those thingies which hold towels
on walls in pretentious suburban bathrooms (I bet that Hyacinth has one).

Myrtle said, "I bet you don't know what that is". After making a few lewd
suggestions - none of which Myrtle understood - I gave up. She said
triumphantly "It's a triangle" to which I replied, "Don't be silly - go back
to school". Apparently it was so, she finally convinced me that the new
orchestral triangles are ring-shaped - does that mean the loss of yet
another word in our cherished musical vocabulary?

To finish, here's a riddle which hit my inbox this morning :

Q. - What goes clop clop clop, bang bang, clop clop clop?
A. An Amish drive-by-shooting.

Toodle pip, time for a malt.

John Farrell
stridepiano@tesco.net