[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz digest, Vol 1 #345 - 23 msgs

DWSI@aol.com DWSI@aol.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:11:06 EST

--part1_1a7.cb4565b.2b1761da_boundary

In a message dated 11/28/2002 3:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:

> Dixielandjazz mailing list
> Dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com

Dan Spink Asks About Record Collections:

Fellows of the DLML, I just read a history of Minstrel Shows, Vaudeville
(where ragtime piano playing was introduced by Ben Harley around 1896 at Tony
Pasteur's in New York), Ragtime and "different styles of Dixieland." My point
is: If you guys with the great record collections could find someone with
expertise to write up the styles of music which your records exemplify, we
could put out our own DJML record and history collection, ala Ken Burns only
better. I know that legitimate historians, like Max Morath and Ted Gioia,
would be interested. Anyone care to pursue it further?

Dan (Piano Fingers) Spink

--part1_1a7.cb4565b.2b1761da_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/28/2002 3:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Dixielandjazz mailing list<BR>
Dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com<BR>