[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz digest, Vol 1 #345 - 23 msgs

DWSI@aol.com DWSI@aol.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:05:54 EST

--part1_186.11d77c8b.2b1760a2_boundary

In a message dated 11/28/2002 3:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:

>  was wrong in my last message. The virus warning WAS a hoax.
> See http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html
>
> Normally I don't forward this kind of messages but it seems I am not
> experienced enough yet. (Well, I have had three or four major crackdowns =
> so
> far, so I am pretty cautious.) Sorry for that dumb thing.
>
> Respectfully ashamed,
>
> Tamas

Dan Spink replies:

Tamas, do not feel badly. Many many people get fooled. I had a lady friend
e-mail over 100 of her friends with panic on this one. I had a learned
classical music teacher (Robert Greenberg of the San Fran Conservatory)
e-mail almost 200 people on another similar hoax. I suggest you make it easy
for people to check it out like this:

Go To : www.symantec.com and do a search. You'll see how at the top of the
page. IT's SOOOOoo easy. Then you can relax and make music.

All the best,

Dan (Piano Fingers) Spink

--part1_186.11d77c8b.2b1760a2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/28/2002 3:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"> was wrong in my last message. The virus warning WAS a hoax.<BR>
See http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html<BR>
<BR>
Normally I don't forward this kind of messages but it seems I am not<BR>
experienced enough yet. (Well, I have had three or four major crackdowns =<BR>
so<BR>
far, so I am pretty cautious.) Sorry for that dumb thing.<BR>
<BR>
Respectfully ashamed,<BR>
<BR>
Tamas<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Dan Spink replies:<BR>
<BR>
Tamas, do not feel badly. Many many people get fooled. I had a lady friend e-mail over 100 of her friends with panic on this one. I had a learned classical music teacher (Robert Greenberg of the San Fran Conservatory) e-mail almost 200 people on another similar hoax. I suggest you make it easy for people to check it out like this:<BR>
<BR>
Go To : www.symantec.com and do a search. You'll see how at the top of the page. IT's SOOOOoo easy. Then you can relax and make music.<BR>
<BR>
All the best,<BR>
<BR>
Dan (Piano Fingers) Spink<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_186.11d77c8b.2b1760a2_boundary--