[Dixielandjazz] RE: The Jazz Gazette connection

tito martino tmartino@terra.com.br
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:42:31 -0200

Steve Barbone marveled:
<<<Yes, funny how small the world is, to be re connected to D'Amico's in
NYC and San Francisco, via Belgium.>>>

Well, Steve, this List reaches far and wider than we think, see the mail
I just received from a good friend, trombonist Jean-Pierre Henkart, born
in Belgium, living in Mexico, helped me to raise my first Original
Traditional Jazz Band in 1965:

<<<Dear Tito,
It's funny that I get news from Belgium through Brasil.
...Here, everything is always calm. I play once a week in a little bar
and had a few gigs lately. .... It was a surprised to see MY name
mentioned twice in the Marcel Joly's Jazz Gazette. Once in the Walter de
Troch obituary, and once by you...... How is the rest of your bunch
doing? Fran=E7oise and I send you big kisses to you and your family. =
Love,
Jean-Pierre.>>>

Marcel Joly and our listmate Jempi do indeed a great work for OKOM.

Tito Martino
S=E3o Paulo Brazil