[Dixielandjazz] Re: Billy Banks Rhythmakers

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:05:26 +1100

Dear Jim,
Further to your comment:
>2. If Eddie Condon organised the band (as is said), why didn't he get the guys
together again, without Billy Banks or (even worse) Chick Bullock?<
I have a reference that Irving Mills (remember him?) organised the Rhythmakers
session to promote his new 'discovery' - Billy Banks.
If Condon had organised the date, I am sure he would have mentioned it in his
book 'We Called It Music'. Nothing there, that I can find, apart from the
discography at the back of the book.
Which incidentally includes Zutty as drummer on ALL sessions.
Consistent with what we both agree on.
Kind regards,
Bill.