[Dixielandjazz] Trumpet High Notes

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:59:59 -0800

Doesn't surprise me.  He apparently was swarmed by jazz reporters in Paris
once too, all trying to find out what sort of m/p he had.
Fun to have a secret, isn't it?

Speaking of secrets, I read somewhere that Ellington wrote his scores with
wrong notes so that people copying over his shoulder at clubs wouldn't be
able to steal his chords.

David in Delta