[Dixielandjazz] More on Georgie's Fame

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:07:28 +0100

Interesting all the news coming in about Georgie's fame (sorry!).  For
those that have not heard him, and have only seen references to some
he's played with.....you may be wondering if his name should be
discussed on DJML.

Welllll, he does a great version of Ol' Rockin' Chair on the CD I have,
and most of us play that one.  He has been described as being in awe of
Hoagie C, which most of us are.  On top of that the guy just swings
SOOOO much, that I vote we make him an honorary member of DJML, or at
least allow him to be discussed here.  I do hope the mention of his name
& credits will awaken the interest of some of you in the U.S., as it is
music well worth listening to.

Jim