[Dixielandjazz] Ray Avery

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:14:11 -0800

Floyd Levin just told me the following:

 Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:09 PM

> I want to advise you that my friend, Ray Avery, died
> Sunday of a sudden heart attack. I have no further information. There will
be
> no immediate memorial service. His mail order and photography business
will
> be sustained by Cindy, who has worked with him for several years --
pending
> Ray's sister's decision regarding the future activities.  Best regards,
Floyd

I'm sure some of you DJML members knew Ray Avery.  He owned and operated
Rare Records in Glendale, CA for many years.  After selling the business, he
operated a record mail order business out of his home.

He was also a very fine photographer.  In fact, just the other day on some
TV show or on PBS, I heard his name mentioned.

He also always had a booth with plenty of rare LPs at the Los Angeles Sweet
& Hot Festival.
We will certainly miss Ray.

Bob
bob@ringwald.com