[Dixielandjazz] Bill Brunskill

John Petters jpettjazz@btinternet.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:21:24 -0000

Brian said
> I am told on good authority that the legendary British bandleader Bill
> Brunskill passed this afternoon

This is indeed sad news, if not unexpected. Bill always had time for young
musicians no matter how good or bad. I remember when I first started playing
drums, I used to sit in with the East Side Stompers at Manor Park . Bill was
on trumpet. My first ever paid gig in the Plough in Ilford Lane, Ilford in
1976 was with a pick up band. Bill was the trumpeter. He turned out for the
princely sum of £4.
A kind and gentle man to whom I owe a vote of thanks. Rest in peace Bill.

John Petters
www.traditional-jazz.com
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ