[Dixielandjazz] Bird and Camarillo State Hospital

Burt Wilson futurecon@earthlink.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:45:19 -0800

To set the record straight, it was not "conservative politicians and liberal
advocates of self-determination" which closed Camarillo, it was Ronnie Reagan
who put all the mentally ill in California on the streets, doping them up to
make them "safe" and making life hell for them. This is not an achievement he
or any other conservative can be proud of. The buck stopped with Ronnie and he
OK'd it all.
Terrible decision.

Burt Wilson