[Dixielandjazz] Re: YardBird

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:16:57 -0500

Dear Bill and Listmates:

That's what I thought also. Interesting how the nickname Yardbird was being wrongly
associated with a jail stretch. Logical yes, but then what may sound logical is
often totally wrong. Hey, maybe Yardbird was really Pres and vice versa? :-)VBG

BTW listmates, if Lester was Pres, who was Vice Pres?  (trivia question with a real
answer) Hint: The Vice Pres was a sax player also.

Cheers,
Steve