[Dixielandjazz] Re: This is Ragtime (was Bird and Books)

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:42:49 +1100

Dear Dan,
Well! Well! Well!
Thanks Dan.
I had forgotten I had that book 'This Is Ragtime' by Terry Waldo - until you
jogged a memory chord.
My copy is the original 1976 edition published by Hawthorne Books Inc.
What is interesting is that I had also forgotten completely the Lu Watters'
explicit comments.
Some good photographs too, some by Ed Lawless.
Now to find time to re-read it.
On the  subject of Bill Crow and his 'Jazz Anecdotes' book, I assume you know
about bass playing Crow's 2nd book - 'From Birdland to Broadway' (Oxford
University Press 1992).
As interesting as the first, even though it is mainly about about modern jazz
musicians than OKOM ones.
But musician stories are always great, whatever the musical persuasion.
Kind regards,
Bill.