[Dixielandjazz] It's always the same!

Vilcad (Ron Gable) Vilcad \(Ron Gable\)" <vilcad@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:46:55 -0500

Here's one from Mark Levine on the Latin jazz discussion list:

Musician #1 runs into Musician #2, for the first time in many months.
Musician #1:  Hey man, what's new?
Musician #2:  Wow, well we won a Grammy - you heard about that?
Musician #1:  No
Musician #2:  and we played at both the White House and for The Pope on our
last tour!  Surely you heard about that!
Musician #1:  No
Musician #2:  And I'm on the cover of this month's Latin Beat!  You saw it,
didn't you?
Musician #1:  Nope
Musician #2:  Man, I'm beat - we just did 15 cities in 15 days.
I went down to the Vanguard and sat in last night, when I should have gone
to bed.
Played "Giant Steps" and got lost!
Musician #1:  Yeah, I heard about that.

Ron & Rosemary Gable