[Dixielandjazz] RE: to Kash

tito martino tmartino@terra.com.br
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:35:47 -0200

Jim put it short:

<<<Not to belittle the writer of the first question as to the "best
solo" thread, but I find this question sort of silly.  Like asking "what
is the best color?", or "what mouthpiece is the best?".  What's BEST for
me, is not necessarily best for you, therefore it will just go on &
on....as it seems to be doing on DJML.  I haven't read any after the
first two read, and won't bother with any of the others.>>>

No, Jim, the question is NOT silly if you consider the psychological and
analytical point! It's a kind of "open your heart" question, where the
answer reveals not the best solo of all times (that monster don't
exists), but reveals the inner feelings and perceiving qualities of the
answering person.  Who's who in DJML.=20

Besides that, I learn to know that won't bother to argue with those
admiring Charlie Parker solos or Stanley Turrentine's or say Liberace's;
but will have much to swap with those mentioning Jelly Roll, Bix, Pops,
Omer Simeon, King Oliver, etc. =20

Tito "Would-be psycho-analyst" Martino
S=E3o Paulo Brazil