[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz digest, Vol 1 #308 - 26 msgs

Patrick Cooke patcooke@cox.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:28:23 -0600

>>>you actually played with Billy Maxted? Whatever happened to him?<<<

       I played one or two single gigs with Billy.  He was using a little
electronic keyboard .........the smallest one I've ever seen...3 or 4
octaves, I think.  It was a terrible sounding thing, but if anybody could
make it sound good, Billy was the man.  What happened to him?  I believe he
died about 5 or 6 years ago.
   Pat Cooke