[Dixielandjazz] Favorite/Best Solos

Pepett@aol.com Pepett@aol.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:20:29 EST

        Pretty useless topic which WILL last forever because all of us,
depending on what we conceive to be OKOM have favorites.
        I, myself have been listening to OKOM (please make that MKOM) since
1937 and If I were to name MY favorite/best solos there would not be time
enough or room to do so!!
        I would just like to add, as sort of a post script, that many (HA HA)
experts consider Coleman Hawkins rendition of Body and Soul to be the closest
to perfection in a JAZZ solo.
        For what it is worth,  can anyone argue with that statement??
Best,
       Perry
Moldy Fig extraordinary!!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL