[Dixielandjazz] Re: the best solo in jazz

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams@eds.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:05:50 -0500

I vote for my solo on "Farewell Blues" from the CD "Yeah, We Got Your
Dixieland."

Bob Williams
The World's Most Modest Man and
The Nominal Leader of The Wooden Nickel Jass Band
<http://wnjb.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Barbone [mailto:barbonestreet@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:58 AM
To: lUIS dANIEL Flores
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: the best solo in jazz

I don't know, probably haven't heard it yet. Bird's break in "A Night in
Tunisia" is phenomenal, as are several Bunk Johnson breaks, as is Monk's
solo in "Bags Groove" as is Pee Wee Russell's solo in "One Two Three
Blues".  IMO. i'd have to re-listen to everything ever recorded in jazz, or
heard live, to answer. Too much great stuff out there.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone