[Dixielandjazz] Don Gumpert Info

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:35:27 EST

--part1_77.182b8b6.2af9e7ff_boundary

In a message dated 11/5/02 12:49:05 AM Central Standard Time,
kayewade@earthlink.net writes:

> Dear Friends,
> We saw the oncologist in Pensacola today.  Seems the cancer has
> metastisized
> from the kidney to the lungs and probably lymph nodes.  Neither chemo
> nor
> radiation can be used because of the location of the tumors - 8 in one
> lung
> and 3 in the other so, the only other possible treatment is interferon
> or
> interleukin and the prognosis is 6-8 months; removing the diseased
> kidney
> may buy another 2-3 months.    Meanwhile, the doctor told him to play as
>
> often and hard as he wants to, he hopes to be able to play the French
> Quarter Jazz Festival in New Orleans in April.
> Are we fighting to find an alternate solution? Absolutely!
> A miracle would help.
>
> Love,
> Sandy
>
> --
> Kaye Wade

   The news from Sandy about Don Gumpert is truly unhappy news.  Damn!

I met Don years ago and I believe that I sat in with his band, probably in
St. Louis.  I haven't seen him since but I never forgot his superb cornet
playing...hotter than hot.

  I wonder about his doctors advice...to play as often and as hard as he
likes.

We hope that you are all right, Sandy.  Keep us posted.

 Take care, Don.      Jim Beebe

--part1_77.182b8b6.2af9e7ff_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/5/02 12:49:05 AM Central Standard Time, kayewade@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Dear Friends,<BR>
We saw the oncologist in Pensacola today.&nbsp; Seems the cancer has<BR>
metastisized<BR>
from the kidney to the lungs and probably lymph nodes.&nbsp; Neither chemo<BR>
nor<BR>
radiation can be used because of the location of the tumors - 8 in one<BR>
lung<BR>
and 3 in the other so, the only other possible treatment is interferon<BR>
or<BR>
interleukin and the prognosis is 6-8 months; removing the diseased<BR>
kidney<BR>
may buy another 2-3 months.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Meanwhile, the doctor told him to play as<BR>
<BR>
often and hard as he wants to, he hopes to be able to play the French<BR>
Quarter Jazz Festival in New Orleans in April.<BR>
Are we fighting to find an alternate solution? Absolutely!<BR>
A miracle would help.<BR>
<BR>
Love,<BR>
Sandy<BR>
<BR>
--<BR>
Kaye Wade</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; The news from Sandy about Don Gumpert is truly unhappy news.&nbsp; Damn!<BR>
<BR>
I met Don years ago and I believe that I sat in with his band, probably in St. Louis.&nbsp; I haven't seen him since but I never forgot his superb cornet playing...hotter than hot.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp; I wonder about his doctors advice...to play as often and as hard as he likes.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
We hope that you are all right, Sandy.&nbsp; Keep us posted.<BR>
<BR>
 Take care, Don.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_77.182b8b6.2af9e7ff_boundary--