[Dixielandjazz] APA asked to investigate mind control in destructive cults

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:52:51 EST

--part1_176.114f3e28.2af95f73_boundary

In a message dated 11/5/02 5:32:28 AM Central Standard Time,
PLadd36932@aol.com writes:

> , JimDBB@aol.com writes:
>
> << Cults of hatred  >>
>
> Jim, just what is all that rubbish about?
>
> As long as there are weak minded people who believe in astrology, furtune
> telling, crystals,pyramidolgy etc., and are frightened to `break the chain`
>
> of a chain letter because `ill luck` will follow there will be odd cults
> dedicated to odd ends.There is no need to give these oddball groups an
> importance they do not deserve by having `task forces`, `panellists` and
> discussion goups of assorted `ologies`
> Usually these cults are a great benefit.To panellists who can get paid for
> spouting tripe at conferences, and to  the person who starts them .
> Remember a good science fiction writer named Ron Hubbard? He described in
> detail in an issue of Austounding Science Fiction exactly how to start a
> cult, and then went out and did it. Scientology.
> There have always been cults. The `assassins` were a good example but you
> have to be a bit careful, Christianity was a `cult` once.
>
> I would be delighted to discuss this with you but what the hell has it got
> do with OKOM?
>
> Cheers
>
> PatL

   Would Pat L and others on the List please relax. The post that I sent on
cult investigation was a mistake.  I goofed. That was intended for a
newsgroup that I contribute to.

   To Pat who asserts that 'oddball groups should not be afforded any
imporrtance I must say that I disagree.  The proliferation of destructive,
subversive cults is one of  the most serious problems in society today.  We
have had a succession of cult horrors which include, Jonestown, Heavens Gate,
Solar Temple, Waco and on and on.  Our country right now is under attack from
the world's largest cult, Islam.  The driving force behind Islam is an insane
world domination scheme.

   Yes I remember well, L. Ron Hubbard.  I got sucked into his Scientology
cult years ago and this is the reason that I am involved with anti-cult work
now. Scientology also has an insane world domination agenda and is a nazi
group in disguise. In addition to working with my Jazz group I worked days as
a staff member with the Cult Awareness Network (CAN). I learned first hand of
the devastation wrought by involvement in coercive controlling cults.  I
talked with people from all over this country and beyond who called CAN for
information on different groups.  Scientology spent $25 million in tax-exempt
funds to harass CAN into Bankrutpcy. CAN closed in 1996. Then through legal
subterfuge Scientology bought the CAN assets which included the CAN name.
Scientology now operates the CAN hotline so if your son or daughter should
get lured into a cult and you call CAN for information...guess who you will
be talking to.

Make no mistake about it, religious insanity is on the rise and is
manifesting through a web of cults. It is a sad truth that in this country
almost anyone can call almost anything a religion and can quite easily get
tax-exempt status from the IRS. The U.S. through the State Dept. is trying to
force other countries into accepting American cults as genuine 'religions.'
The State Dept. under Clinton tried to force Germany into accepting
Scientology as a real 'religion.'  Germany, through hard experience knows
this cult for what it is.  Scientology has a web of covert operatives
throughout the U.S. and Europe. One of their functions is to silence critics
and former members. Other functions are to subvert government, media,
business and religious groups. Recent reports stated that Scientology
operative were trying to make deals with an Islamic extremist group in
Germany.  They were offering business training in return for inroads into
Turkey.

If I may say so, Pat, it is a good idea to get a handle on what different
cults are up to.  Your future may depend upon it.

I apologize to the List for this diversion.

Let the music ( Dixieland Jazz, of course ) begin.

Jim Beebe

--part1_176.114f3e28.2af95f73_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/5/02 5:32:28 AM Central Standard Time, PLadd36932@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">, JimDBB@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; Cults of hatred&nbsp; &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Jim, just what is all that rubbish about?<BR>
<BR>
As long as there are weak minded people who believe in astrology, furtune <BR>
telling, crystals,pyramidolgy etc., and are frightened to `break the chain` <BR>
of a chain letter because `ill luck` will follow there will be odd cults <BR>
dedicated to odd ends.There is no need to give these oddball groups an <BR>
importance they do not deserve by having `task forces`, `panellists` and <BR>
discussion goups of assorted `ologies`<BR>
Usually these cults are a great benefit.To panellists who can get paid for <BR>
spouting tripe at conferences, and to&nbsp; the person who starts them .<BR>
Remember a good science fiction writer named Ron Hubbard? He described in <BR>
detail in an issue of Austounding Science Fiction exactly how to start a <BR>
cult, and then went out and did it. Scientology.<BR>
There have always been cults. The `assassins` were a good example but you <BR>
have to be a bit careful, Christianity was a `cult` once.<BR>
<BR>
I would be delighted to discuss this with you but what the hell has it got to <BR>
do with OKOM?<BR>
<BR>
Cheers<BR>
<BR>
PatL</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Would Pat L and others on the List please relax. The post that I sent on cult investigation was a mistake.&nbsp; I goofed. That was intended for a newsgroup that I contribute to.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; To Pat who asserts that 'oddball groups should not be afforded any imporrtance I must say that I disagree.&nbsp; The proliferation of destructive, subversive cults is one of&nbsp; the most serious problems in society today.&nbsp; We have had a succession of cult horrors which include, Jonestown, Heavens Gate, Solar Temple, Waco and on and on.&nbsp; Our country right now is under attack from the world's largest cult, Islam.&nbsp; The driving force behind Islam is an insane world domination scheme.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes I remember well, L. Ron Hubbard.&nbsp; I got sucked into his Scientology cult years ago and this is the reason that I am involved with anti-cult work now. Scientology also has an insane world domination agenda and is a nazi group in disguise. In addition to working with my Jazz group I worked days as a staff member with the Cult Awareness Network (CAN). I learned first hand of the devastation wrought by involvement in coercive controlling cults.&nbsp; I talked with people from all over this country and beyond who called CAN for information on different groups.&nbsp; Scientology spent $25 million in tax-exempt funds to harass CAN into Bankrutpcy. CAN closed in 1996. Then through legal subterfuge Scientology bought the CAN assets which included the CAN name.&nbsp; Scientology now operates the CAN hotline so if your son or daughter should get lured into a cult and you call CAN for information...guess who you will be talking to.<BR>
<BR>
Make no mistake about it, religious insanity is on the rise and is manifesting through a web of cults. It is a sad truth that in this country almost anyone can call almost anything a religion and can quite easily get tax-exempt status from the IRS. The U.S. through the State Dept. is trying to force other countries into accepting American cults as genuine 'religions.'&nbsp; The State Dept. under Clinton tried to force Germany into accepting Scientology as a real 'religion.'&nbsp; Germany, through hard experience knows this cult for what it is.&nbsp; Scientology has a web of covert operatives throughout the U.S. and Europe. One of their functions is to silence critics and former members. Other functions are to subvert government, media, business and religious groups. Recent reports stated that Scientology operative were trying to make deals with an Islamic extremist group in Germany.&nbsp; They were offering business training in return for inroads into Turkey.<BR>
<BR>
If I may say so, Pat, it is a good idea to get a handle on what different cults are up to.&nbsp; Your future may depend upon it.<BR>
<BR>
I apologize to the List for this diversion.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Let the music ( Dixieland Jazz, of course ) begin.<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_176.114f3e28.2af95f73_boundary--