[Dixielandjazz] 1 hour sets

SLGTJB dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:16:59 -0600

on 5/29/02 7:03 PM, Ken Gates at keng@iswest.com wrote:

>> Listmates--
>> Very enjoyable Sacramento festival.
>> I think the one hour sets are beneficial to the musicians.
>> And also better for the listeners.  Allows for travel time
>> between sets and more time to converse with the musicians
>> during setup time.  Kudos to Roger Krum!!!
>> Ken Gates

It would be interesting to hear other musicians take on this.  I heard lots
of negatives, including that the audience that stays in place, has to sit
for 30 minutes without any action.

Tex Wyndham and the Rent Party Revelers plunged ahead and started 5- 10
minutes early (as soon as they had setup) as a courtesy to the audience who
were sitting on their hands.

In some cases, it may have been good for the musicians.

Any opinions or experiences?

Cary Hobbs