[Dixielandjazz] Where...now George Brunis

briantowers dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:23:37 -0400

Charlie,

How I envy you guys who had the opportunity listen to or even play alongside
George Brunis!
He is one of my favourite six trombonists of all time.  He helped define
tailgate trombone style for us traditionalists and showed us the role of the
trombone in a typicalNew Orleans type jazz ensemble.
He was also such a character and clearly a great wit and entertainer.
Brian Towers

P.S. Just trying out the new address too!