[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Barbarism

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:00:28 EDT

--part1_59.1d8997de.2a4d1d3c_boundary

In a message dated 6/27/02 2:14:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
stridepiano@tesco.net writes:

> Jim Beebe wrote :
>
> "we must not shrink from the truth merely
> becaause the truth sounds uncharitable.  For the answer to "Who are you to
> call him bad?" see third paragraph up.   And "one man's music is another
> man's noise" won't cut it; not unless you are willing to defend a charge of
> aggravated battery on the ground that one's man's battery is another man's
> sparring practice."
>
> Which was heartily endorsed by Bill Sargent :
>
> "Applause, Cheers, Applause!!!  I just love it when someone has enought
> intestinal fortitude to stand up for what's right in today's wishy-washy
> politically correct nonsense"
>
> I would like to add my support for Jim's refreshingly direct statement of
> an
> obvious fact. PC is trying to happen here in the UK but thankfully its
> toehold is somewhat precarious at the moment, we can still say publicly
> without fear of the thumbscrews "Down with Cecil Taylor,
> Eminem and all their ilk".
>
> More power to your pen Jim, you have fans out here who kiss your picture
> every night as they slip between the sheets.
>
> John Farrell

As much as I would love to lay claim to the piece on 'political correctness'
I have to not take a bow and direct your applause to the redoubtable, Charlie
Hooks.

JIm Beebe

--part1_59.1d8997de.2a4d1d3c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/27/02 2:14:31 PM Central Daylight Time, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Jim Beebe wrote :<BR>
<BR>
"we must not shrink from the truth merely<BR>
becaause the truth sounds uncharitable.&nbsp; For the answer to "Who are you to<BR>
call him bad?" see third paragraph up.&nbsp;&nbsp; And "one man's music is another<BR>
man's noise" won't cut it; not unless you are willing to defend a charge of<BR>
aggravated battery on the ground that one's man's battery is another man's<BR>
sparring practice."<BR>
<BR>
Which was heartily endorsed by Bill Sargent :<BR>
<BR>
"Applause, Cheers, Applause!!!&nbsp; I just love it when someone has enought<BR>
intestinal fortitude to stand up for what's right in today's wishy-washy<BR>
politically correct nonsense"<BR>
<BR>
I would like to add my support for Jim's refreshingly direct statement of an<BR>
obvious fact. PC is trying to happen here in the UK but thankfully its<BR>
toehold is somewhat precarious at the moment, we can still say publicly<BR>
without fear of the thumbscrews "Down with Cecil Taylor,<BR>
Eminem and all their ilk".<BR>
<BR>
More power to your pen Jim, you have fans out here who kiss your picture<BR>
every night as they slip between the sheets.<BR>
<BR>
John Farrell</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
As much as I would love to lay claim to the piece on 'political correctness'&nbsp; I have to not take a bow and direct your applause to the redoubtable, Charlie Hooks.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
JIm Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_59.1d8997de.2a4d1d3c_boundary--