[Dixielandjazz] Young Trombone player who could use some encouragement

AmbassCult@aol.com AmbassCult@aol.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:34:16 EDT

--part1_49.1f93ce34.2a4cded8_boundary

Hey Folks,

Here is a letter I just got from a kid on my street who went off to study
music last year in Boston,  it appears that he has been doing some thinking
and reading between the lines in his lesson books.   This is the next
generation of Jazz, how about some of you learned guys offer him some words
of wisdom while I am out on tour.  drop him a line in your spare time, maybe
we can get him on the list too.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

>From Chris Anderson/

I recently read something in a phenomenal book by Ken
Wilber called "A Brief History of Everything" that
really hit home with me and is directly related to
music.
"Cognitive development is necessary but not sufficient
for moral development." (page 139)
I interpreted this to mean the same thing for
musicians as, "Technical development is necessary but
not sufficient for artistic development."

I am sending this to all of my musician friends (at
least those who I have e-mail addresses for) because
it put things into perspective for me.  What'd you
guys think?

-Chris-

-Chris-

=====
Christopher Andersen
22317 Cynthia Ct.
Hayward, CA 94541
(617) 869-5325
Jazzbone101@yahoo.com

--part1_49.1f93ce34.2a4cded8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>
<BR>
<BR>Hey Folks,
<BR>
<BR>Here is a letter I just got from a kid on my street who went off to study music last year in Boston, &nbsp;it appears that he has been doing some thinking and reading between the lines in his lesson books. &nbsp;&nbsp;This is the next generation of Jazz, how about some of you learned guys offer him some words of wisdom while I am out on tour. &nbsp;drop him a line in your spare time, maybe we can get him on the list too.
<BR>
<BR>Cheers,
<BR>
<BR>Tom Wiggins
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>From Chris Anderson/
<BR>
<BR>I recently read something in a phenomenal book by Ken
<BR>Wilber called "A Brief History of Everything" that
<BR>really hit home with me and is directly related to
<BR>music.
<BR>"Cognitive development is necessary but not sufficient
<BR>for moral development." (page 139)
<BR>I interpreted this to mean the same thing for
<BR>musicians as, "Technical development is necessary but
<BR>not sufficient for artistic development."
<BR>
<BR>I am sending this to all of my musician friends (at
<BR>least those who I have e-mail addresses for) because
<BR>it put things into perspective for me. &nbsp;What'd you
<BR>guys think?
<BR>
<BR>-Chris-
<BR>