[Dixielandjazz] Stuck Tuba valve

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:17:44 EDT

--part1_d2.1a10de82.2a49ffb8_boundary

In a message dated 6/25/02 11:50:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
randymillan@shaw.ca writes:

> My old Czech  4-valve rotary Tuba has a stuck first rotary valve.  I've
> tried everything.  Even the repairman couldn't find the reason why it is
> sticking, and I don't really want to take it back to him again because
> it will cost a mint this time.  Any suggestions as to what might be the
> problem? It only seems to stick after its been played for a hour or so.
>
> Randy Millan

   Give it a good solid whack with a hammer.  Usually takes care of the
problem with one whack.  Or do the decent thing and toss it into the nearest
dumpster.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_d2.1a10de82.2a49ffb8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/25/02 11:50:28 AM Central Daylight Time, randymillan@shaw.ca writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
My old Czech&nbsp; 4-valve rotary Tuba has a stuck first rotary valve.&nbsp; I've<BR>
tried everything.&nbsp; Even the repairman couldn't find the reason why it is<BR>
sticking, and I don't really want to take it back to him again because<BR>
it will cost a mint this time.&nbsp; Any suggestions as to what might be the<BR>
problem? It only seems to stick after its been played for a hour or so.<BR>
<BR>
Randy Millan<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Give it a good solid whack with a hammer.&nbsp; Usually takes care of the problem with one whack.&nbsp; Or do the decent thing and toss it into the nearest dumpster.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_d2.1a10de82.2a49ffb8_boundary--