[Dixielandjazz] Moderator interference

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:18:56 -0400

John Jamison wrote:

"Sent this message to DJML and one other plus had a bunch of Bcc
recipients and it got through. Now that I know it won't happen again.
But it
did get through."

List Mates:

Yes indeed, some messages with multiple addressees do indeed get
through. I have sent several that were posted. Also, I have sent one
with a single cc where the dreaded "To many recipients" response blocked
the message from being posted, but it was received by all of the cc's.
Solution, delete the cc's from the message which is now in your sent
file and resend it to the DJML. Worked fine for me on that one occasion.

Why does the server do this? Who knows. Some half wit nerd misprogrammed
the machine somewhere.  But do not wait for a human moderator to help
you out. There ain't no such animal and the only way your message will
get through is if you re-post it.

Perhaps it is Thelonious Monk's ghost bending piano note tones which
somehow affects our server?  ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Musical content?  "Zonky"  &  "Misterioso"