Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Audience Put downs total misinterpretation again:

thodgson thodgson5@cogeco.ca
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:01:10 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Jazzjerry@aol.com <Jazzjerry@aol.com>

Subject: Re: Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Audience Put downs total misinterpretation
again:

I had a good chuckle at your reply.  Reminds me of when I conducted a group
of Canadian students around the north of England and, seeing on the menu of
a country tavern the item "faggots", I exclaimed (in all innocence), "Oo, I
haven't had a faggot for years!". I need not describe the resulting
fall-about laughter at my expense.
Luckily, I did not offer to knock them up in the morning or I might have
been barred from approaching students of either sex when the word got
around.
Winston did get it right!