[Dixielandjazz] Best of the British

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:21:56 +0200

Here's a question for the British members........

My tv screen will show the record being played & the cut while tuned to
Sky music channels.  Last nite a really terrific trumpeter was playing,
and the credits said Kenny Baker.  Is there a Kenny Baker, or was it
Kenny Ball?  The album was Best of the British, volume 1, on the Horatio
Nelson label.

I realize there is a distinct hatred by some members toward all that is
"commercial" British trad, so I do hope this question won't bring on a
whole string of insulting comments.  This band, whether it was Baker or
Ball, was swingING!  Lovely, smooth, SOOOO together.  Just good jazz.

Jim